Backwaters, wild life sanctuaries, beaches, ayurvedic treatments and hill stations are what make Kerala one of the most favourite tourist destinations among people across the globe. If you too are planning a trip to God’s own country, make sure to include the following in your itinerary:
- Munnar: Munnar means three rivers, which meet at the convergence of three mountain streams, called Nallathani, Kundala and Mudrapuzha, in the Western Ghats. Lush green hills, vast tea gardens and the mesmerising scent of fresh eucalyptus trees make Munnar a heaven for the globetrotters.
- Wayanad: If you would like to enjoy the spectacular scenic beauty of Kerala, Wayanad is the place to head straight to. Owing to its peculiar geographical location, Wayanad is home to sylvan valleys, the vast stretch of lush greenery and pleasant climate, not to mention its fresh air with the smell of spice and mist clad mountains.
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Thekkady: This is one of the most well-known wildlife sanctuaries in India. Situated in an area of 777 square km, it is the southernmost tiger reserve of India. Bison, the elephant, spotted deer, wild boar, flying squirrel, leopard, black Nilgiri kangaroos and stripe-necked mongoose are some of the animals that you can see in this wildlife sanctuary.
- Kovalam: Located around 15 km south of Trivandrum, Kovalam has gained international fame due to its breathtaking scenic beauty. If you have been waiting for a relaxing and rejuvenating beach vacation, Kovalam is a must-visit destination. Whether you want a healing ayurvedic body massage, or indulge in water sports like snorkelling, you will get all these and more at Kovalam.
- Kumarakom backwater – Situated on the banks of the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom backwater is a sub-tropical paradise for the tourists. The vast paddy fields stretches of mangrove forests and the coconut groves add to the charm of this scenic tourist destination.
There is much more to see and do in Kerala but these are some of the major attractions that you just can’t afford to miss during your Kerala tour.